Christopher Fowler made his name with chiller fiction, and Nyctophobia is a splendid return to the genre. It takes a gleeful inventory of the elements of the ghost story, and finds new ways to creep up on you, and most importantly of all – it is scary. Tim spent the night he read it nervously going round his house turning all the lights on.
- Steve Richards – The Prime Ministers: Reflections on Leadership from Wilson to May
- Graeme Garrard – How To Think Politically
- Mike Isaac – Super Pumped: The Battle For Uber
- Ray Connolly – Sorry, Boys, You Failed The Audition
- Ross Barnett – The Missing Lynx – The Past And Future Of Britain’s Lost Mammals