When the dust settles we will observe that more books have been written about New Labour than about any other British administration, yes, including Mrs Thatcher’s febrile season in the sun. But let the Peter Mandelsons and the Alistair Campbells and even the Tony Blairs make room: Steve Richards of The Independent has written the most incisive, authoritative and readable account yet of the implausible story of Gordon Brown and new Labour. Tim and Steve discussed Brown’s astonishing longevity at the top of British politics, and his relationship with Tony Blair, and why there is nobody else from that government worth talking about.
- Ray Connolly – Sorry, Boys, You Failed The Audition
- Ross Barnett – The Missing Lynx – The Past And Future Of Britain’s Lost Mammals
- Robert Elliott Smith – Rage Inside The Machine – The Prejudice of Algorithms and How to Stop The Internet Making Bigots of us All
- Ben Burgis – Give Them An Argument: Logic For The Left
- Joel Meadows – Masters Of Comics